Saturday, April 14, 2007

last project

I am working on 3 shapes. They are Earth, Mars, and Venus. I have started Earth and finished the drawing for earth. I now need to find the gears. I need an engineer of some sort to help me with purchasing the gears. I need some with motors and some without. The piece starts with the general theme of humanity and its delicate balance vs. machinery. It goes right along with my schindler's list piece. I find this theme extremely prevalent in todays society. we are being replaced by machinery all the time, every day a new job can be done more quickly and efficiently by a machine. It is just as important to note that even though the fear is among us that someday machines will take over. That could truly never happen. The essence of humanity can not be reproduced. that is what my piece is about. the earth is fragile, our solar system is fragile, and so are we as humans, both physically and mentally. Both function in very particular ways to support the existence of our life. I am also doing mars and venus because earth lies in between them both and has a very particular space. also earth has a planetary harmony of 3:4, which is produced by mars and venus. i am using a book called a "little book of coincidence".

No comments: