Tuesday, April 24, 2007

gears are expensive

I am trying to get in contact with christy georg, our resident kinetic sculpture artist/teacher, I cannot afford the gears I have found, and definitely not the gear motors that I need. The ones I need are well over $200. and I need 5 for one shape! so i need to ask her if some other gear motors that I found will be alright for me to use, I found some very inexpensive ones, but I need help finding gears that will fit them. I know she would be able to help me. I hope she gets back to me tomorrow. I went to see her after her kinetic sculpture class, and she wasn't there. I guess class ended early. so i have emailed her. The gears definitely won't be ready for Thursday, but probably for the Thursday after that.

I recieved an email back from the boston college physicist from "Fracas over Fractals". He advised me to contact him after may 15th since the end of the semester is so hectic, which is fine, i will be happy to do it. Im glad he emailed me back though. I really feel like i can reach my goal with his help.

No comments: