Saturday, March 17, 2007

where I want to take my next project

After the painting, I have decided that I am not a huge fan of paint with my shapes. I like the cleaner, more architectural look of my shapes, i think it makes them more hypnotizing. I want to draw them on Masonite or something substantial to implant gears in the place of some of the circles. I want them to move and engage people in their movement and intricacy, as well as the concept of how they were created, the mathematical language of visual randomosity. I want spur gears, they are perfect for what i am doing.



I think that the gears give the impression of machinery and the idea of people vs machines is a very interesting topic for me. This is an issue people have been dealing with since John Henry. It is still a very real political, economic and cultural issue. will people overcome the machine? or will the machine oversome us? In my opinion, the machine can never be equivalent to human life or the compassion and spirit of life. no matter how complex computers will be made, they can never replace humans, but they will change our progress, they have , are and will change our lives. So it is important for me to address this issue, seeing as how i am vastly unfamiliar with many aspects of the computer, They kind of scare me a little bit, like a tarantula caught under a glass, they fascinate me and yet i will probably never lift that glass. It is important for me in my life to know that i am unique and cannot be recreated and manipulated, as if i were a dime a dozen.

that is the intent of my next piece. to address this topic of humans vs machines.

No comments: